What Is This All About?

Suzanne and Hannah are spending their last week on the tiny and beautiful island of Culebra, Puerto Rico! We are sharing with anyone who's interested our everyday adventures.

Please enjoy our time with us, click on the "follow" link, pray for us, write to us, and let us know you're reading!

Suzanne and Hannah

Monday, October 31, 2011

Days are Done!

Waiting for our plane in Culebra
Our plane!

We were the only passengers!

Flying over Brava and Resaca Beaches

The Fort at Old San Juan

Inside the Fort

A View from one of the Lookout Points

Hannah is captivated!

Pretty cool, huh? It's actually a soldiers' entry!

A Street in Old San Juan
We're home! Our day in Old San Juan was packed with exploring the awe-inspiring fort and the beautiful old city. Although I was a tad wary of Hannah's response to this "history lesson" she was absolutely enthralled by the whole place. She got it. I loved it that she got it.

Today we got Hannah signed up for school back here in Michigan and I spent the day trying not to think about the fact that I have no job. By choice, I have no job. I'm having a very hard time getting my head wrapped around that. I guess it's good that my house is need of "mucho" attention. And we had to get new clothes for Hannah because she's grown an inch and a half in three months. Yeah, you read that right! New jeans because shorts aren't going to cut it up here...

The kids at Abbie's school are planning to perform the songs I taught them at their rainforest festival next weekend, so I recorded the accompaniment today with the help of Bethany, my savior of the day!!! We drove to the post office to send it second-day air (hopefully it will get there by a week from Friday!!!).

After a dinner that actually included fresh vegetables instead of rice and beans, I was settling down to check my email. While my MacBook was waking up I got a phone call from Al, whose house we "watched" for the last two-and-a-half weeks. Our conversation was great; he's doing well and so is his wife. He then told me that for all the times he and Mary have gone off and had someone take care of the house, he has never come back to have it so well-cared for!!! Wow!!! That sure made us feel great! Hannah loved their dogs and cat, and I love pretty much everything about their place!

I'm (we're) so very glad to be home but also so incredibly thankful for the experiences we were privileged to have during our three months in Culebra. The lessons learned, the people we met, and even the hurricane we weathered will forever shape us.

Thank you, God, for the incredible journey of Culebra. Thank you for bringing us home safely.

1 comment:

  1. I can't believe you're home..... your pictures make me wish I could have seen Old San Juan! Maybe you and I can go back there someday! Wouldn't that be fun?
    We'll have to reschedule Friday, since we're going down to STATE!
    Love you!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete

We would love for you to leave us a comment. We so miss our family and friends at home and it would make our day to hear from you!