What Is This All About?

Suzanne and Hannah are spending their last week on the tiny and beautiful island of Culebra, Puerto Rico! We are sharing with anyone who's interested our everyday adventures.

Please enjoy our time with us, click on the "follow" link, pray for us, write to us, and let us know you're reading!

Suzanne and Hannah

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 63: Saturday in Culebra

Okay, did you get the veiled Chicago reference again? "Saturday in the Park" is one of my favorite songs of theirs! And since I seem to have their music on my mind lately, just thought I'd toss it in there.


Actually, our Saturday was not a typical one. We're getting ready to move, so we worked on getting Hannah's room organized and her stuff sorted. That meant a few more loads of laundry, of course, because we found some things that had never made it to the laundry basket. (Bet that NEVER happens at your house, huh?) Then while Hannah got to watch a little television, which is a big treat for her, I went in to school, where I had a meeting. When I returned home it was time for her to get ready for her volleyball game.


While she had her practice prior to the game, I went back to school and did some work I couldn't get done earlier. Still so much to do...


The game was fun; Hannah played in the third game of the match and they asked me to line judge again. I guess it's a good thing Stan was a volleyball coach so I could learn a useful skill!


Now we're ready to watch the movie "Overboard," which arrived in a care package sent to me by my friends who are on their fall weekend without me for the first time in about twelve years. I'm sure missing them! They sent me other goodies that are so reminiscent of our times together: peanut M&Ms, Brach's Double Dippers, Twizzlers, cashews, and movies. They also sent a couple of books and some great pictures from our last year's trip. We had a great conversation this morning and they did their best to keep me up to date.


Thank you, God, for loving friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love for you to leave us a comment. We so miss our family and friends at home and it would make our day to hear from you!