What Is This All About?

Suzanne and Hannah are spending their last week on the tiny and beautiful island of Culebra, Puerto Rico! We are sharing with anyone who's interested our everyday adventures.

Please enjoy our time with us, click on the "follow" link, pray for us, write to us, and let us know you're reading!

Suzanne and Hannah

Monday, October 24, 2011

Day 77: Can You Say "TIRED"???

I think the beach visits this weekend caught up with me today!!! I am BEAT!

We had a great day at school. We worked very hard, had fun and the kids were great. I even taught Spanish to the first graders!! The older ones were snickering at me once in a while and corrected my pronunciation a couple of times, but overall I surprised myself!! I did much better than I thought I would!

Throughout the day I caught myself trying to imagine what it will be like the next time I step into a classroom back home. The kids will probably all speak English as their first language, there will be lots more of them than what I have right now, and I'll be teaching one grade level instead of three, four, or six at a time! I wonder if it will feel weird or if it will just come back as natural.

Hannah said again tonight while we were playing "Sequence" (a game we've come to really enjoy!) how very excited she is to be going home. She is in her room practicing her flute right now so she can be on top of things next week when she's back in band!

Can't believe we only have two days of school left. Wow.

Thank you, God, for a productive yet peaceful day at school.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love for you to leave us a comment. We so miss our family and friends at home and it would make our day to hear from you!