What Is This All About?

Suzanne and Hannah are spending their last week on the tiny and beautiful island of Culebra, Puerto Rico! We are sharing with anyone who's interested our everyday adventures.

Please enjoy our time with us, click on the "follow" link, pray for us, write to us, and let us know you're reading!

Suzanne and Hannah

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The First Full Day

Today was our first full day here. However, I can't truthfully say it's going to be the norm, since today was largely taken up with playing at the beach! 


We tried to make a video of the house....actually, we DID make a video of Nadeen's house (where we're staying for the first three months), but it won't upload to the blog. I guess tomorrow we'll take some pictures for you instead!


We started our day by meeting Abbie at her school. Hannah thought the place was pretty cool and is feeling excited to go. She even said she might want to go for two years there....I'm thinkin' not because I already miss home!!! My classroom is chock-full of books but needs lots of attention in order for me to be able to really feel as though it's "my" classroom (all you teachers out there know exactly what I mean!) so we'll be working on that together this week.


Thinking that getting a post office box would be no biggie, we stopped by the Post Office and were informed that I need two pieces of picture ID. Naturally, I didn't bring my passport, just my driver's license, so that's one more thing my hubby will need to find and send to me! If you're itching to mail us something, please feel free to use Abbie's school as my address temporarily! I'll post it at the end of this...




Looking Across to Culebrita
We then took a trip over to Zoni beach so Hannah could experience the place I'm always talking about! She loved it!
Hannah at Zoni Beach
 Hannah tried to do a handstand, which she did for about 2 seconds, but then a wave came over her and knocked her down. It was hilarous. Before we went home, Hannah found two coconuts, so we brought them home. Tomorrow we are going to try to open them. YUMMMMMMMM!!!! 
Hannah Trying to Crack Open a Coconut


The View From Where We Sat
After the beach we came home, cooked dinner and ate. Hannah thought it was delicious, although I was a little skeptical as to whether she would like homemade beans and rice with shrimp! Then we cleaned the kitchen together like we'll do every night and then played Bananagrams, one of our favs. 


Due to some heavy rains here lately, the island is swamped with mosquitos! In fact, we can't even count how many mosquito bites are on Hannah. I tried, believe me, but gave up after about 25. 


Although it's just a little before 8:00 I think we'll be going to bed soon, as all of this travel and adventure is catching up with us!!


We sure love all of you and miss you already!!


Suzanne and/or Hannah Gibbs
c/o Abbie's School
PO Box 456
Culebra PR 00775

No comments:

Post a Comment

We would love for you to leave us a comment. We so miss our family and friends at home and it would make our day to hear from you!