What Is This All About?

Suzanne and Hannah are spending their last week on the tiny and beautiful island of Culebra, Puerto Rico! We are sharing with anyone who's interested our everyday adventures.

Please enjoy our time with us, click on the "follow" link, pray for us, write to us, and let us know you're reading!

Suzanne and Hannah

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Day 25: Are You KIDDING Me???

Today has been a beautiful day here on the island. The temperature is still in the 80s, which suits me just fine, although the people who call Culebra their home are complaining a bit about the "heat." "It's so HOT," they say dramatically.

I had a tough time going to sleep last night, so I predicted my alarm would be ignored as long as possible. However, as soon as it went off I began thinking of things I needed to do for school.  I dragged myself out of bed, opened up my laptop, and continued where I had left off last night.

Today's breakfast menu was eggs and toast, so that needed to be done right after waking Hannah. Then while she was getting dressed I worked on making our lunches. I was thinking of myself as being pretty on top of things until I headed through the living room and slammed my foot on the end of the rocker of the rocking chair. As I fell to my knees in agony, I decided this was one of those things you do where it hurts like the dickens at first, but after a while it's fine. That's what I assured Hannah, too, when she came bounding to my rescue.

As the day wore on, I found myself limping more and more, and unfortunately my foot was also swelling. Great. Just what I need, right? At lunch, Hannah put an ice pack on it and Abbie asked if I needed to go to the clinic. That was reassuring... Several of the moms who come to have lunch with their kids commented on its swollen state. When I went to town to pick up our mail (we didn't have any...sad face) a couple of people asked me if I was alright and one person even asked me if I needed a ride. Geez!

Upon our arrival at home, Hannah insisted I immediately put up the injured foot. She then brought in an ice pack, placed it gently on the affected area, and announced that she would prepare AND clean up dinner! Wow! There IS an up side to this!

Here's the dilemma: there's no MedPlus on the island. There's a clinic, but you go there and wait forever to see the doc and he will then just tell me I have to go to the main island to get an x-ray. I don't think it's broken, although it really hurts. I don't think it hurts any more than when I dropped the wardrobe on my leg, and I really did think that was broken.

So tonight I'm going to keep my foot elevated, catch up on internet stuff, play a few games of Dominos or something with Hannah, and hope that the foot is back to normal in the morning!

Sure would appreciate your prayers!!! I'd like for this to be nothing but painful, if you know what I mean!

On another note, Abbie's school is doing a fund-raiser to help the general budget of the school. It is through a company that donates a portion of all profits to environmental organizations. Plus that, most of the items are things you'll really use and like. Most of the products also have an earth-friendly message, too! If you'll click on the link, you can check out the nice stuff they have: t-shirts galore, towels, water bottles, totes, wallets, jewelry, and even some bulbs you could plant this fall!!!


Natures Vision Fundraising – Top Quality Fundraising Products and Environmental Fundraising Ideas
Hannah has a goal of selling at least two hundred dollars worth of merchandise, so think Christmas presents!!! Then just send me an email of what you'd like and I'll order your stuff. You can call or email me with your debit/credit card number, or mail a check if you prefer!!!

Thank you, God, for a beautiful day and for Hannah's concern for my well-being (and please make my foot better by morning)!!!

2 comments:

  1. Can you believe this is the first chance I've been able to catch up with your blogs?? But I must say, I was totally wrapped up in reading them. I love all the detail you put into them Suz; it almost feels like we're sitting in my family room with you sitting on the couch relating these stories with a nice glass of red wine in your hand! I hope you feel our prayers for you and Hannah (and for your foot!) Make the most of every opportunity you have there; it sounds like you are doing that every day. Love you, Norma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, I need to talk with you tonight and see how that foot is doing. That is ANOTHER thing we have in common. I am always stubbing my toes, banging my foot, etc. So I get it. I'll be praying, then I'll check in tonight after Cabela's obedience class.
    Love you!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete

We would love for you to leave us a comment. We so miss our family and friends at home and it would make our day to hear from you!