What Is This All About?

Suzanne and Hannah are spending their last week on the tiny and beautiful island of Culebra, Puerto Rico! We are sharing with anyone who's interested our everyday adventures.

Please enjoy our time with us, click on the "follow" link, pray for us, write to us, and let us know you're reading!

Suzanne and Hannah

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Day 55: Last Visit to Mamacita's for a While

By now, you probably understand that Thursdays are a pretty big deal to me. They're the ONE day I have some "just me" time and I especially look forward to that time because when I walk into Mamacita's, Kelly knows exactly what I want, where I'll sit, and it's just pretty nice that way. Today I was also able to reach my hubby by phone, which is a miracle in and of itself, especially considering he was in the auditorium which generally has zero phone signal! However, Kelly, who is generally the bartender when I arrive, told me today that beginning this weekend they'll be closed until the first week in November! Bummer! Don't know what I'll do for that alone time now!!!


I had a good day at school, teaching the kindergarten/first graders more about letters, sounds, numbers, and how the calendar works, working with the third-and fourth-graders about the long-o vowel, giving instruction and demonstrating how to write an acrostic using your own name to the third- and fourth-graders (which they LOVED, by the way), and then having a pretty deep conversation in Sociology about an issue that was brought up in class. By the time 12:15 rolled around, I was tired, but it was all good. 


Before I left I spoke with one of the moms who has been an absolute angel for me. You see, we're having hiccups in our moving arrangements (which should by now be no surprise to me, right?) so I'm having to find some other place. I was under the impression we'd be in this house through the end of October so I had arrangements to move into another place on November 1. I just found out last night we need to move out the weekend of October 22/23, which is over a week prior to what I had anticipated. Yuck...another thing to sort out. 


However, God is really helping me to be strong and trust Him to help me through this, so although I don't like the headache, I'm staying confident that He will help me sort it out. And this parent has given me a couple of names and phone numbers to contact, so I'm hoping it will all work out...


Hannah is at volleyball practice, which has been a positive experience for her! I think it's good that she's able to make her own way this year in volleyball without having the "thing" of her dad being a former varsity volleyball coach. It's kind of letting her get to know the game without that added pressure, which I think is good for her!


I have to admit, it's hard not having any comments. Several friends and family members have said it's not been allowing comments, which I don't get, because I click "allow comments" (or whatever the correct phrase is. But hearing from just a few people has kept me motivated, so thank you for those comments!!!


Thank you, God, for helping me to remember that You've got everything in control and that all things will work out. I am clueless about this housing situation, but You're not, and I'm so grateful for that!!!

3 comments:

  1. NO MAMACITA"S!!!!!!!! OH NO!!! Ok, I'll repeat this, "You can do this, you can do this, you can do this."
    I'm so sorry you have this new date thing to figure out. In the end, it'll all work out. It's just a hassle, I know. Hang in there, and know that I'm praying for you.
    Love you!
    Hope

    ReplyDelete
  2. (I was in the catwalk where I can get signals even from outer space!...)
    No Mamacita's! BUMMER... Really brutal & inhumane. El Batey only sells beer, I'm thinkin'. You may have to pick up some Annie Greensprings at the corner store and sip it on the beach!
    Love U Lots!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment Begger ! :D SOS

    ReplyDelete

We would love for you to leave us a comment. We so miss our family and friends at home and it would make our day to hear from you!